CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, May 18, 2009

Feed final (paper edition)

What does your feed contain and why? My feed contains:

  • Pictures of friends- this is in my feed because I think about my friend’s daily. They also are a big reason that I am always smiling and laughing.
  • Homosexual ads- this is in my feed because I feel that ALL humans have the same right. A gay person is still made up of the same parts as a straight person, still has the same feelings and should have the same rights. I strongly believe in equality for all and that is why I have the gay ad in my feed.
  • Comic strip- the comic strip is in my feed because I love being funny! And it shows a sense of humor I like.
  • My boyfriend Zach- well this is the person that is always on my mind. I miss him when im not with him and ive been with him for 2 and ½ years so he’s a big part of my family and me.
  • Butterflies- I just love butterfly. They’re so beautiful and they’re the symbol of free to me. That is why they are in my feed.
  • Animals- well I have always loved animals and never lived without one. So they’re a big part of my life too. Also they are the reason I know what I want to be when im older, a veterinarian.
  • Drawing of a couple – this is part of my feed because to me it symbolizes love and romance. That is important to me and would be in my feed all the time.
  • Smiley face- well I love smiling and laughing. Im so happy all the time my nick name is giggles (-:
  • Chipotle burrito-OMG my addiction they are delicious and chipotle ads would be in m y feed whenever I was hungry!
  • Music notes- music is my entertainment! Music can make my day and set my moods it also occupies me when im bored. Also I love listening to music and then signing along.
  • Thought bubbles- those three thoughts are literally what goes through my head every friggin day (not lying) so they had to be in my feed!

 

What does this say about how this defines American culture and identity?

From what would be in my feed it could say many things about the American culture and their identity. I believe that from my feed one can only make generalizations about American culture and that ones feed cannot represent the main parts of American culture. Yet what my feed could say about American culture is that the value food, politics, happiness, and relationships.

 

What are the social implications of technology use, consumerism or anti-consumerism? Are these good or bad? Is it okay to resist?

            The social implications of technology use and consumerism tie together. It seems that every week a new device is coming out. This is implying that it is ok to toss the old and get with the new. Yet it is so wasteful. Most the time the device is a piece of crap or super similar to the last version. It forms our country to be on of waste! Well the main social implication is bad, since when is wasting good? And of course it’s okay to resist. A perfect example of these is all the people who jumped on the “ go green” wagon. It is okay to resist but it is very hard!

How does media, consumerism, reliance on technology, and/or popular culture personally affect you? Do they mold us? Or do we mold them?

Personally reliance on technology and consumerism affects me quite a bit. But not any more then others I know. I shop at least two times a week, yet every time I go shopping there’s always something that “ we need” when really we don’t. We always find something to need. And I go a little crazy without my cell phone. It’s the way I connect with people. I think technology molds us in a way but cannot complitly mold us. We mold technology though too. The only reason it exists is because we want it. We design it to what we want, so yes we mold technology too.

 

How does it impact you? Define you? What does it say about your personal habits, your individuality?

            Technology and consumerism impact me in a good way. I mean it makes things ten times more convenient. I don’t even need to memorize phone numbers, or have a calculator, or worry about a schedule. My devices can do that all for me.  It defines me in not such a big way. If I had to say it defined me I would be lying, I CAN live without a cell phone or going shopping all the time, it would suck, but I could do it. This says about my personal habits that I rely on the current situation of my life to keep me going and it also shows that I an like the whole world are getting lazy since these devices do everything for them.

 

If there is a moral to the story, what is it?

         Yes there is a moral to feed. The main moral is that if we keep up the technological usage like today and only advance it we could end up brainless and having technology control us. It is a symbol of how we are today.

 

Are people anything without the feed, in the world of the story?

What does the feed interlude at the end of the book mean (everything must go…)?

             Yes people are “anything” without the feed. They don’t fit in as well but they are way smarter and are more then the people with feeds will probably ever be. Look at Violet. When “Everything must go.” is being repeated over and over at the end of the book it is saying that our habits of today must be left behind if we as a country and world don’t want to be a bunch of mindless idiots letting a corporation and a microchip control their life, CHANGE!

0 comments: